One characteristic common across government operations is the variability of the coupons and forms returned with payments. Property tax bills, school tax bills, sewer tax bills, trash collection bills, and parking tickets of many different types can each use a unique coupon. An effective processing system must be able to recognize and characterize this array of coupon types and must reliably extract the required information from each document.
The experts at Mavro can help in several ways. First, they can use their years of industry experience to provide document design advice, often suggesting simple changes that will yield significant increases in system efficiency. Next, they can design and implement an integrated payment processing system based on the most capable extractor and scanners available and on the Mavro Software Suite. And finally, they can use Mavro’s Image Studio software to set up each document type within the processing system so that it will be reliably recognized and processed.
Another challenge frequently seen in government operations is that different types of payments can have different return schedules throughout the year. Processing systems based on MavBridge™ software are equipped to handle this kind of variability. For instance, they can hold the processing date constant, even over a period of several days.
Government entities require an exceptional level of flexibility in their payment processing systems, and Mavro Imaging can supply the expertise, software, and systems to meet that need.
- MavBridge™ software can recognize and characterize a wide array of coupon types and can reliably extract the required information from each document.
- Advanced document recognition capabilities and “Virtual Batching” technology lets mail with intermixed transaction types be extracted and scanned together, without the need for time consuming pre-sorting procedures.
- Mavro’s experts can often suggest simple changes that will yield significant increases in system efficiency.
- With Image Studio software, adjustments to the document setup in the system can be done quickly should a document change or a new document type be added.
- Advanced capabilities such as “Interactive OCR” make it easy to process “check and list” payments from bill consolidators or mortgage companies.
- Transactions can be routed for special processing without delaying payment deposit.
- A Mavro system can handle different types of payments that have different return schedules throughout the year.
- Mavro software’s ability to seamlessly interface with virtually any downstream system yields tight integration with accounting and tax paper data systems.
- Return mail is processed without the need for complicated hand operations.
- Extensive redaction capabilities, full system data encryption, and comprehensive auditing ensure that tax payer information is protected and satisfy the most stringent data security needs, including PCI.
- Complete Image Cash Letter (ICL) and ACH ARC processing outputs files for one bank or multiple banks as required.
- Support for automated processing of ICL and ACH ARC formatted electronic bank return files.
- Electronic import of payments via CTX 820.
- Post-dated Canadian cheque processing.
- MavBridge Connect™ Web Portal software stores transaction images, transaction data, and reports, making them easily available via any standard web browser. Stored transactions are automatically purged on a customizable schedule.
- A Mavro system provides the exceptional level of flexibility in payment processing systems that Government entities require.
- Implementing a “One-Touch” solution from Mavro saves time, lowers costs, and eases the burden of meeting regulatory requirements.
- The flexibility of image-based workflows eliminates the need to shuffle paper transactions between departments.
- Stringent security and auditing requirements set by government regulations can be more easily met.
- Image Cash Letter (ICL) and ACH ARC electronic deposit eliminates the need for transporting physical checks to the bank and speeds funds availability.
- Automated processing of ICL and ACH ARC formatted electronic bank return files increases operational efficiency.
- MavBridge Connect™ Web Portal provides easy, secure, web-based access to transaction images, data, and reports allowing quicker, more efficient transaction research.